Power Animals

Power Animals

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shamanic poetry

Sometimes Shamans write poetry. 
For me poetry starts to flow  when the world becomes too harsh  to bear and my soul recoils from it
or when I hear a majestic piece of music 
or when  I see the beauty of this stupendous world we live in. 
So I listen to my soul 
and I write what I hear:

Here  are some poems I wrote years ago:

 The Pain Of All Creatures

The pain of all creatures
enters me,it enlarges my heart,
it makes my soul cry.

I search for  tenderness;
the scent of honey suckle,
the warm summer wind,
the white moon light.

My lips are parched
from the pain of all endings.
I am the wind,
I am a leaf in a tree,
I am a blade of grass waiting for the dew.


peter salomone-July 2000

La Luce del Giorno e' dura


Sembianza d'immagine astratta,
contrappunto di carne  e di dolore.
Posato sullo sugli alberi, nudo,
la maschera di attore mi vesto.

Lascia che io stia vicino te Signore,
perche fa tanto freddo
e la luce del giorno, e' dura


peter salomone-May 1998

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your new creative endeavor. Looking forward to more poetry from you~

    ReplyDelete